Boo boo in select company

Boo boo in select company
Something to say?

Wednesday 20 January 2021

B---er off Donald Rump

 B---er off Donald Rump

I watched the cartons being wheeled out of the White house two days ago and I had a Eureka moment. Someone in my house called out -- I wonder what is being taken out that does not belong to Trump. I didn't care, so long as the horror departed. America must be breathing a huge sigh of relief. A powerful gust of fresh, unpolluted air is going to blow across America, even into the lairs of the toxic Proud Boys.

Finders, keepers, my daughter added, when she saw a bust among the spoils. Probably that of his mother-in-law, I suggested.

America was going to be GREAT AGAIN, the demented man said. But how can it be great given what it does as a matter of course to its black citizens.  Because of this it was never great. Not in my eyes, anyway.

And , we in the U K , let's not pretend it's that different here. It is just a matter of degree. The discrimination in jobs, in education, in overall attitude to non-whites is fundamentally skewed. And let's not even go near the horrors of Stop-and Search, or the way black youngsters are treated in police cells. Lots to change here too.

I am reading Brandon Taylor's REAL LIFE at the moment; what it says about the colour handicap in the US is painful to read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment