Boo boo in select company

Boo boo in select company
Something to say?

Saturday 20 March 2021

Betrayal

Betrayal of our Constitution

Today, again, I see on Facebook the bile that is coming out against the Muslims in India as a matter of course. I feel like closing down my Facebook account - I don't want to see this daily nastiness. BJP and that awful Sangh have a great deal to answer for.

Now, I have to make it clear -- I am not a Muslim. Religion-wise I call myself a nothing person. I don't practise any. If religion helps others negotiate this,what can be sometimes, a confusing world, I am glad it is of use to them.

The Sangh is trying to bully a minority community, provoke it constantly so that they have a legitimate excuse for gratuitous violence. Please find something else useful to do, Sanghis. Leave the Muslims, the Christians and all such alone.

The confusing thing is, all these friends and family members that I know and care about, kind and considerate folk, like to have a go at the Muslims. These are mainly well-educated, well-read people. Have they no respect for our constitution that enshrines equality as a central principle? 

Equality for all had to be fought for -- don't throw it away. My father was an activist that helped the cause of temple entrance for all. He was the person who supported the first Muslim Municipal chairman in Thalassery.

My neighbours were the Mukkattil house, a Malabar Mapla family that remained great neighbours all my life. In any case, what have the Muslims done to these guys who spout hatred?

Is this a form of entertainment for the idle rich Hindu. I say, take a laxative. And when you sit in your sandalwood-and-jasmine scented puja room, remember that the Muslims are also an integral part of our India. Even your own huge pantheon of Hindu Gods will disapprove of your lack of compassion.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment